LIFE LIFE

As'hambe K3

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Hello,

Today is Tuesday... if you didn't know. I normally like to view this day of the week as "Choose" day! Why "Choose" day you may ask? Well it resonates well as you all know that Monday's are always associated with everything dark and gloomy...Blue Monday etc. Unfortunately one cannot stay too long in  a"blue" state of mind, without heading for the nearest bottle store or worse slitting our wrists and lie in cold baths...eek! Thank the Mayan God's or who ever decided that we needed to name the different days of the week! Now, where am I heading with this one? It's simple the mind is a powerful tool, one which we all have been blessed with in order to make choices! The choice of waking up, bathing, eating, smiling and the choice of living! Yes, we do choose to live...to a certain degree. Life can be a complex subject matter and it may mean various meanings to everyone! If you are able to read this blog, you are living! Great, now that you are reading let me expose you to some of my choices, which have empowered me to being a better being!

In life we either choose to be happy or sad, there are endless moments which call for either state. However the choice of being happy far outweighs the choice of being sad...how do you choose to be happy when your naturally triggered response is to be sad?  Just think...it generally takes us a minute-two to make decisions, some simple and some eternally life-changing. I have developed a personal "motto" which I have chosen to share today! The  two minute-choice rule! whenever I am faced two conflicting states, being on the border line I quickly say to myself , "you have two minutes to decide" It's either you are going to be happy or sad? Happiness comes with good and sadness comes with bad. Choose...I tend to lean towards being happy most of the time, yes most of the time! As you know bad is bad for you...for a lack of a better word. I choose to happy when I feel sad it motivates me to carry on! Making my choices, taking positive decisions when faced with negative forces. It truly works, try it out...say to yourself that you only have two minutes to decide! Its either you are going to be happy or be sad and deal with negative feelings that will eventually lead to your own determent!
 
Here is an example of a choice a friend took: Charlie recently started going to GYM! A place we all generally make a choice of joining and never really get to fully enjoy our memberships!

"I don't go to gym to get all buffy.... I do it to stay fit. I've never believed in using supplements either. I find that exercise helps me stay mentally alert and this helps me a great deal since my days are really long... I also socialize a lot which means drinking & smoking therefore gym helps me find a balance. I try and go to gym at least 3 times a week. Day 1 would typically be Yoga & Spinning... Day 2 would be 20 min on a treadmill at a steady pace then 40 min circuit training.... Day 3 is circuit training then abs class with a fitness trainer... After every session I do about 10 minutes on the power plate to prevent my muscles from getting stiff. Then off to the sonar for a bit... After this I feel brand new & feel like I can take on the world... U sometimes treat myself to supper at Kuai & a health shake. It took me a while though to realize that for it to work it has to be a lifestyle otherwise if feels like an effort. Oh & I eat my all bran every morning without fail..."     Thabeng Charlie Leping

Now you ask yourself ha? Why GYM and why Charlie's example? Charlie made a choice to find balance in his life and he has so far stuck to it! We all aspire to be healthy and physically strong but do we ever really choose to stick to our choice of going to gym without failing?Take two minutes to decide the next time you go to gym! Will you  stay or will you be led astray...


Today, I choose to be healthier in order to be a better person! What is your choice? Is your glass half full or half empty? Take two minutes and decide...

Happy "Choose" day!










No comments:

Post a Comment